Tuesday, 16 June 2009

The modern monarch

Was woken early by Prince Charles at the front door. He has, apparently, heard about my plans to replace the Elizabethan-styled-lattice-work double glazing on the front of my late Victorian house with something a little more in period, and he's not happy.
It's not the first time he's intervened in my plans. There was the time he tried to persuade me to turn the top bedroom into a hayloft. Then there was the black mark he daubed on the front door when middle child had chicken pox. But when he tried to enlist my youngest in a new 'club' which espoused traditional values and involved climbing up chimneys (all brushes supplied) I finally lost my rag.
This time I was ready for him. "I've got a note," I told him. "From English Heritage." And he slunk off sulkily, muttering about what he's going to do when he's king.
As if that wasn't enough Richard Rogers has promised to call by. He said he wanted to talk about the windows, and the great idea he has had for something a bit more modern...

1 comment:

  1. While I was on holiday Prince Charles came round, removed my Huf Haus and replaced it with a wattle and daub hut. Colour me unimpressed.

    ReplyDelete